Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sweet Baby Face



Can I say it enough that I am really enjoying drawing, sketching, scribbling again after taking a 9 year hiatus?


It's not because of marriage that I basically quit.


It's because babies got ahold of my pencils or squeezed out a $20 paint tube or I was simply too tired to stay up late and be creative.


Then I found other hobbies and interests and excuses as to why any real art work was a thing of the past not to be pulled out again until my kids got older.


Well, at least a couple of them ARE OLDER and due to many scribbling, fingerpainting, coloring, glueing and general gloriously messy and sticky craft and art sessions my kids are liking art (at least the older 2 seem to).


One of mine (as well as the other on occassion) still eats the paint.


I still have a lot of work to do on the above pencil sketch, but it's turning out how I want. (Which is important if I want to submit it to the Sketchbook Challenge.


I still need to work on the hand looking much older. Right now it looks like my hand, and well, too young.

(I figured if I posted my un-completed picture that would help me to acctually finish it on time.)


1 comment:

Wendy said...

YAY!!!! I love it! You've captured my baby so well.
Can't wait to see it when the hands are done.
I'm so proud of you for picking ART back up again. :D Isn't it reviving, inspiring...plus a great example for your kiddos.
Have you heard the quote by Pablo Picasso, "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." I think the answer is to have Artist Parents who encourage, inspire, and challenge you.
Thanks for doing art night with me! :D