Monday, April 11, 2011

In Full Spring Swing

The Azaleas are in full bloom!I love Spring!!
(isn't she cute there in front?)
I can tell I am a sunshine person whenever Spring arrives.
I struggle all through winter with the blues feeling down and negative and very Eeyoreish. I think one could even qualify for Eeyore syndrome meds. in winter time.
Then Spring arrives. The grass starts to Green first. Then I see whispers of crocuses and daffodils poking up and then bursting into full bloom overnight. After that, Spring explodes here in the South: Red buds, Cherry Trees, Pear Trees, and now we're onto Dogwoods all going wild in full Spring Swing.
(Can we also say we live in Allergy Central)
I have to bite my nails and hold those reins back to keep from jumping into the garden and planting everything too early. Old Man Winter can kick his last fit as late as the end of April and freeze everything.
But for now, I am reveling in the glorious sunshine, the cool breezes, and the smell of flowers the moment I walk out my front door.

No comments: