Friday, April 8, 2011

Forgiveness

If you have love one for another


Forgiveness
is the act of:

sacrificing
offering up
giving away
releasing
laying down
surrendering


our

hurt
shame
bitterness
justification
righteousness
anger


of whatever it is that stands between you

and a brother
a sister
a spouse
a child
a friend
an enemy



It is the healing balm for all relationships.

It is the way

to peace.
to love.
to joy.
to healing.

It is letting go and letting God be God

It is an act of faith
of trust
of dying to oneself
of becoming vulnerable.


Forgiveness opens my eyes to how much God loves me and releases me to love others freely and unconditionally.


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34-35

saw this here:
peacefulchaosjenni.blogspot.com

No comments: