Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Nathaniel!!

I can't believe that 2 years have passed since this little chunk-a-munk was born. He is such a blessed addition to this family in so many ways. He's a happy, laid back, busy little twinkle in our lives.
His birth and first year were a bit crazy. God's plans are so much bigger than ours. Even though I'd planned an at-home water birth and instead he was delivered C-section, I still had a healthy baby boy. Family and friends chipped in and helped out that first full month while I recovered.

I was so happy to get to cuddle him. It was a different kind of connection and bonding than with the other 3. I don't know if that had to due with the C-section and not being able to hold him for the first hour and a half, but I know that the first time I held him it was like holding this other little person that I wasn't quite sure what to do with.


In so many ways he is different than his older sister and brothers. He's quieter, he's laid back (they definitely are not either). He is built like a solid rock wall and is a lug to pick up and carry around. His older 3 siblings are all rather long and willowy. He has an emerging sense of humor and like his older brother Good Lookin' seems to be witty in his own non-talkative way.



Sometime I'll find and post pictures of all the kids at similar ages. He had rolls of fat all over. I had to take the others in for weight checks because they were all considered "under-weight" for their height and weight ratio. He's always been in the 90th percentile.




Those bright blue eyes that have a constant mischievous twinkle never diminished even with repeated hospitalizations the first year due to pneumonia and breathing issues.
He's definitely kept us on our toes!


Happy 2nd Birthday our little Nater Mater! We love you so much!



No comments: