Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolutions a week or so late

I was looking back at my New Year's Resolutions last year.
God has done so much in my heart this past year. I'm calling it the Year of Restoration.
Several relationships that I thought had failed or were a cause of intense heart agony have been put on the path of restoration.
Honesty, Forgiveness, Grace and Prayer have been my mainstay these past 12 months.
Many many many tears and questions and soul searching have been poured out on the altar.
Much of my own heart ugliness that is hard to admit and my way of relating has needed an over-haul.
When I made my resolution to just be in the Word every day, I got way more than I bargained for.
I didn't 100% succeed in my determination to read my Bible every day, but I did succeed in opening even more; uncovering even more of a heart that is desperately in need of God at the helm, and handing things over to Him. And, I didn't quit reading altogether if I'd missed reading a day or two.
I know I have a lot of room for growth. A HUGE amount really, but that is good. Life would be boring if we didn't have something to learn from?
This Year for my Resolutions, I've joined Ann Voskamp's challenge of Daily counting the Gifts that God puts in our lives. "In EVERYTHING give Thanks."
I'm still not sure what EVERYTHING means. I still have heart-ache from some of those relationships. Tears still fall. Questions still remain.
My marriage still needs a lot of work (I need a lot of work).
I haven't quite figured out How to be thankful in the midst of another recent huge loss in the family that has left me questioning His methods and plans and even goodness. But I do know this, HE IS GOOD.
He is the Master Planner as our Mom's in Touch Prayer Group emphasized this morning.
He has the perfect program and method worked out before-hand. I don't need to argue or fight Him on what I don't understand.
Jer. 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans for a Hope and a future."
My job this Year:
To Count the Blessings no matter how small.
Will you join me?

1 comment:

Lavidafranco said...

I will join with you in counting my blessins large and small! I am nearly done with Voscamp's 1000 Blessings and have already started my own list!
I'll be praying for you to see the blesing in every situation no matter how crazy!
Rochelle